Recipe by Bergy
A dear "Newfie" friend used to make these for me and I love them. Cut back on the oil in the skillet for a skinny version. To be really authentic serve these cod cakes with baked beans. You may use left over mashed potatoes but they will produce a softer pattie. Just boil your potatoes and mash them with nothing added.
Top Review by Ocean~Ivy
This is INCREDIBLE! My mother,who is not a fish fan,had to have some of this,it was sooo good! I served it with homehade "chips" and it was perfect! No question,this will become a regular meal in our home! Very pleased! Thanks for sharing! 8)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 sprigs parsley, chopped
- 2 cups potatoes, mashed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 lb cod, steamed until flakey
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup lite olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix potatoes, onion, parsley,butter & eggs.
- Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Add cod, breaking it apart with a fork, mix well.
- Shape mixture into 3" patties.
- Coat with seasoned crumbs.
- In a skillet fry the patties in the oil, 4-5 minutes each side until they are golden brown.