Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Made with rapidrise yeast, these are so good! Adapted from Fleishmanns yeast site.
Make and share this Newfoundland Blueberry Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 cup whole wheat flour, sugar, undissolved yeast, and salt.
- Heat water, milk, and butter until very warm (120*F to 130*F). Gradually add to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add egg, vanilla, and 1 cup all-purpose flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed. Stir in remaining all-purpose flour to make a stiff batter.
- Dredge blueberries in remaining 1/4 cup whole wheat flour; gently fold into muffin batter.
- Fill 18 greased (2-inch) muffin cups 3/4 full. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375oF for 20 to 25 minutes or until done.
- Remove from cups; cool on wire rack. Enjoy!