Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
New Zealand's version of Trail Mix to take along on a long "tramp". Easy and good for you.
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 cup yogurt
- 4 ounces raw sugar (or use ordinary white table sugar)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup wholemeal flour (same as whole wheat, can use all purpose)
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup sultanas (golden raisins) or 1 cup mixed dried fruit
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Cream softened butter with the sugar. Add the honey and yogurt and combine well.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and stir.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture and mix well.
- Spread out on a cookie sheet and bake at 350°F for about 25 minutes; do not burn.
I made New Zealand Trampers Mix and took it on our youth camping trip and it was a big with all the youth. They really enjoyed it. I did use mixed dried fruits, blueberries, cherries, cranberries and raisins. Thank You for sharing. Made for ZWT8.
Excellent scroggin to take on our next hike or in our caravan for next camping trip! Made as posted except that I added 1 cup of roasted chopped macadamia nuts to dry mix and instead of sultanas added in some great Wisconsin dried cranberries. I also lightly sprayed my foil prior to baking. Timing is right on. Cheers Ice Cool Kitty! Made for Chow Hounds for ZWT5.