Recipe by threeovens
New Zealand's version of Trail Mix to take along on a long "tramp". Easy and good for you.
Top Review by MomLuvs6
I made New Zealand Trampers Mix and took it on our youth camping trip and it was a big with all the youth. They really enjoyed it. I did use mixed dried fruits, blueberries, cherries, cranberries and raisins. Thank You for sharing. Made for ZWT8.
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 cup yogurt
- 4 ounces raw sugar (or use ordinary white table sugar)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup wholemeal flour (same as whole wheat, can use all purpose)
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup sultanas (golden raisins) or 1 cup mixed dried fruit
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream softened butter with the sugar. Add the honey and yogurt and combine well.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and stir.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture and mix well.
- Spread out on a cookie sheet and bake at 350°F for about 25 minutes; do not burn.