Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
For 'zaar World Tour 2005
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 lb swiss cheese, cut julienne
- 1 lb ham, cooked and cut julienne
- Cook potatoes until tender and mash until smooth. Beat in salt, pepper, nutmeg and 2 Tbl butter.
- Spread 2 rbsp butter in a 9-inch pie plate. Dust with half of bread crumbs, then cover with 1/2 of the potatoes. Arrange cheese and ham over it and cover with the remaining potatoes. Sprinkle with remaining bread crumbs and dot with remaining butter.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes or until it browns. Cut into wedges.
Very nice pie. I made it exactly as directed and it was lovely. Thanks Kymmarie.
Oh, MY! This was soooo good. My potato loving DH couldn't get enough, and didn't have to salt it because of the ham. I loved playing with my food while making it. Next time, I'm going to get my DD to help with that part!
This is an easy, tasty, dish. I followed the instructions and had no problems with it. I didn't use a pie tin but a glass baking dish instead. It work out just fine. I also served this with a green salad. My family loved it.