- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 lb swiss cheese, cut julienne
- 1 lb ham, cooked and cut julienne
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes until tender and mash until smooth. Beat in salt, pepper, nutmeg and 2 Tbl butter.
- Spread 2 rbsp butter in a 9-inch pie plate. Dust with half of bread crumbs, then cover with 1/2 of the potatoes. Arrange cheese and ham over it and cover with the remaining potatoes. Sprinkle with remaining bread crumbs and dot with remaining butter.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes or until it browns. Cut into wedges.