Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wowza! I found this in a NZ cookbook. I miss it so much that I just had to make it.
- 1⁄2 cup sultana
- 1⁄2 cup currants
- 1⁄2 cup chopped raisins
- 1⁄4 cup dessert fig, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 10 plump dried apricots, chopped
- 2 liters good quality vanilla ice cream, softened
- 50 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- You will also require 1 packet each of red and green cherries.
- Combine the sultanas, currants, raisins and figs.
- Add the brandy and dried fruits, cover, and soak for 12-24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Mix the soaked fruits, ice cream, chocolate and almonds together.
- Line a large pudding bowl, basin or loaf pan with plastic wrap so that it hangs well over the sides.
- Spoon the mixture into the container, smooth the surface and cover with the overhanging sides of plastic wrap.
- Freeze until firm.
- To serve turn onto a chilled serving platter and surround with seasonal berries.
- Can be stored for up to 6 weeks in the freezer.