Perfect Pixie's Note:
Wowza! I found this in a NZ cookbook. I miss it so much that I just had to make it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1You will also require 1 packet each of red and green cherries.
- 2Combine the sultanas, currants, raisins and figs.
- 3Add the brandy and dried fruits, cover, and soak for 12-24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 4Mix the soaked fruits, ice cream, chocolate and almonds together.
- 5Line a large pudding bowl, basin or loaf pan with plastic wrap so that it hangs well over the sides.
- 6Spoon the mixture into the container, smooth the surface and cover with the overhanging sides of plastic wrap.
- 7Freeze until firm.
- 8To serve turn onto a chilled serving platter and surround with seasonal berries.
- 9Can be stored for up to 6 weeks in the freezer.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New Zealand-Style Ice-Cream, Christmas Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 689.1
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 88.0 mg
- Sodium 167.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 72.4 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: