Adapted from The Complete Round the World Meat Cookbook. Feel free to reduce the amount of butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine beef, potato, onions, egg, cream, salt and pepper.
- 2Mix well and shape into 12 thin patties.
- 3Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a skillet.
- 4Saute patties about 7-8 minutes.
- 5Turn over and saute for 7-8 minutes more.
- 6Remove and keep warm.
- 7Melt remaining butter in skillet.
- 8Whisk in flour.
- 9Gradually add milk, whisking constantly.
- 10Bring just to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 11Reduce heat to low and cook 5 minutes.
- 12Pour over the meat patties.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New Zealand Meat Patties
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 677.0
- Calories from Fat 464
- Total Fat 51.6 g
- Saturated Fat 28.0 g
- Cholesterol 221.5 mg
- Sodium 1097.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 29.7 g