Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from The Complete Round the World Meat Cookbook. Feel free to reduce the amount of butter.
Make and share this New Zealand Meat Patties recipe from Food.com.
- Combine beef, potato, onions, egg, cream, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and shape into 12 thin patties.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a skillet.
- Saute patties about 7-8 minutes.
- Turn over and saute for 7-8 minutes more.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Melt remaining butter in skillet.
- Whisk in flour.
- Gradually add milk, whisking constantly.
- Bring just to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 5 minutes.
- Pour over the meat patties.
These were tasty, but I think they could have used a bit more pepper and perhaps an herb. DH liked them as is. Thanks for sharing the recipe.