Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from The Complete Round the World Meat Cookbook. Feel free to reduce the amount of butter.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw potatoes, grated
- 3 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- Combine beef, potato, onions, egg, cream, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and shape into 12 thin patties.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a skillet.
- Saute patties about 7-8 minutes.
- Turn over and saute for 7-8 minutes more.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Melt remaining butter in skillet.
- Whisk in flour.
- Gradually add milk, whisking constantly.
- Bring just to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 5 minutes.
- Pour over the meat patties.
These were tasty, but I think they could have used a bit more pepper and perhaps an herb. DH liked them as is. Thanks for sharing the recipe.