Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
this is just perfect. Pomegranates, kiwi and some chilis in a quick preparation
- 3 -4 ripe kiwi fruits, peeled, carefully chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pomegranate seeds (arils)
- 1⁄2 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper (fresh or canned)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Place the kiwifruit, pomegranate seeds, avocado, green onion and olive oil in a medium sized bowl.
- Starting with just a teaspoon of chopped jalapeño, gently fold in and add more to your desired level of heat. Add cilantro. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
Great flavour combination! I've made this many times and prefer using ripe, soft avocados as they blend in well to make a kind of creamy dressing.
I change the proportions to make a big batch - 3 avocados, 8 kiwis, seeds from 1 whole pomegranate, 1 whole jalapeno, 6 green onions, olive oil. I add the juice from 1 whole lemon, which really brightens up the flavour and makes the avocados creamier. I omit the cilantro.
This dip is a HUGE hit every time I serve it at a party!!
This is a fantastic salsa!!! The flavours mix well and the subtle pairing of sweetness, spiciness with a tad of saltiness is outstanding. We will be making this again! Real pretty to look at, too. Made for 'Newest Zaar Tag'