Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Got this from a booklet.
Make and share this New Zealand Kiwi Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cream cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled & sliced
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the crumbs in a mixing bowl and add the butter (NO Margarine) and sugar.
- Blend well.
- Press the mixture onto the bottom and partly up the sides of a greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Smooth the crumb mixture along the bottom to an even thickness.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Cool before filling.
- CHEESECAKE: Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, milk, salt, and vanilla until well blended.
- Add the eggs and sugar and continue to beat until light and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and bake for 35 minutes, or until lightly browned; the cake should be set in the middle.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the topping by mixing together, the sour cream, sugar, and vanilla.
- Spread the topping over the top of the cake.
- Return the cake to the oven and bake for 15 minutes more.
- Cool to room temperature; then refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, garnish the top of the cake with slices of kiwi fruit.