Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Got this from a booklet.
Make and share this New Zealand Kiwi Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cream cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled & sliced
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the crumbs in a mixing bowl and add the butter (NO Margarine) and sugar.
- Blend well.
- Press the mixture onto the bottom and partly up the sides of a greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Smooth the crumb mixture along the bottom to an even thickness.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Cool before filling.
- CHEESECAKE: Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, milk, salt, and vanilla until well blended.
- Add the eggs and sugar and continue to beat until light and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and bake for 35 minutes, or until lightly browned; the cake should be set in the middle.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the topping by mixing together, the sour cream, sugar, and vanilla.
- Spread the topping over the top of the cake.
- Return the cake to the oven and bake for 15 minutes more.
- Cool to room temperature; then refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, garnish the top of the cake with slices of kiwi fruit.
The second direction is to mix the graphm cracker crumbs and butter in a mixing bowl. What butter? there is none listed under the ingreients for the crust! There is butter listed under the ingredients for the topping, but it is never mentioned in the directions!