1/5 Photos of New Zealand Kiwi Bread
1 hr 20 mins
This yummy quickbread is great with a hot cup of tea or coffee! Recipe found at cooks.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pare the kiwi and chop enough to make 1 1/2 cups. Place chopped fruit in a 2 quart pan, add sugar and lemon peel. Bring to a boil, stirring until fruit loses some of its color. Allow to cool.
- 2Beat eggs and oil well. Blend together flour, baking powder and salt.
- 3Add the baking soda to cooked kiwi mixture. Stir until bubbles form. Add this to the egg mixture and then add flour mixture to it. Stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 4Spoon mixture into a well greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees about 55 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes and turn out onto wire rack.
- 5Make icing with powdered sugar and lemon juice. Spoon over loaf.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New Zealand Kiwi Bread
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.1
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 18.6 mg
- Sodium 212.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 36.9 g
- Protein 3.0 g