Recipe by Jewelies
Jaffa's are a New Zealand orange coated chocolate confectionery. Jaffas are a small round sweet with a soft chocolate centre and hard orange flavoured candy on the outside. Please note that I had to use the description of 'chocolate chips' as Recipezaar doesn't identify Jaffa's. You will need to change the 'chocolate chips' back to Jaffa's for this recipe. Also our cup measure larger usually 250ml. I haven't tried this recipe yet but wanted to post it here for any Kiwi's out there that may be able to find Jaffa's.
- 200 g chocolate chips (Jaffa's lollies)
- 250 g baking chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 125 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups plain flour, sifted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a 20 cm square cake tin and line base with baking paper.
- Combine butter and chocolate in pot, stir over heat (in a double burner) until melted and smooth, cool slightly.
- Stir in sugar and eggs, then flour into the chocolate mixture.
- Fold in jaffas. Spread mixture evenly into tin.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until firm to touch.
- Stand 15 minutes before turning out of tin. Cut into squares.