Recipe by Baby Kato
This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT8 – Australia/New Zealand. This recipe was found at the New Zealand Beef & Lamb Website. These little treasures sound wonderful. Please Note: Prep time: does not include 2 - 6 hours marinating time.
- 600 g lamb, lean, trim (rump, leg steaks, cut in thin strips)
- 2 limes, juiced (or lemons)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 140 g walnuts
- 2 limes, juice of
- 485 g pear halves, drained, chopped
- 1⁄2 cucumber, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 4 kiwi fruits, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons mint, fresh, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons coriander, fresh chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 125 ml yoghurt, plain
- 12 pappadams (1 packet restaurant size)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the lime juice, kiwifruit, honey, and garlic, add the lamb and marinate 2 - 6 hours.
- Make the salsa by combining the walnuts, lime juice, pears, cucumber, kiwifruit, red onion and herbs, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fry the curry powder in a little oil until fragrant, add the lamb and sauté until golden but still pink inside (3 - 5 minutes). Let rest in a warm place 5 minutes.
- To Serve: Allow 2 poppadums per person.
- Layer poppadums with equal quantities of pear salsa and lamb, drizzle with a little of the kiwifruit pan juices and some natural yoghurt.