This started out as a basic recipe many years ago and slowly evolved until it became the best salmon cakes I've ever had. Please use the celery and red bell pepper as it is essential to the taste. If you don't have the wasabi powder you can just substitute cayenne pepper which tastes different but is still good but please don't use 1/2 tsp! LOL!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 418.15 g can salmon
- 29.58 ml hellman's light mayonnaise
- 2 eggs
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely diced (about 4-5 tablespoons)
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 2 green onions, chopped (scallions)
- 2.46 ml wasabi powder
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 59.14 ml plain breadcrumbs, plus extra for coating
- 1Remove skin and bones as desired.
- 2Add rest of the ingredients to the salmon and combine well until the mixture holds together well (if it is too dry add a little mayo).
- 3Forming a salmon cake with your hands, coat on both sides with the breadcrumbs.
- 4Gently place in hot oil in your frying pan and cook over a medium heat until nicely browned.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New York's Best Crispy Salmon Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.7
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 223.9 mg
- Sodium 458.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 33.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: