Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This recipe results in a melt in your mouth stew that is easy to put together. It has the taste of an old fashioned stew, and cooks for a while so you can get other things done after basically throwing it together. I hope you enjoy this rich tasting stew!
- 3 lbs stew meat
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, sliced in rounds
- 4 medium potatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons dry tapioca
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Layer the first 5 ingredients starting with the meat in a dutch oven.
- Mix together spices, tapioca, sugar, soup and water and pour over vegetables and meat.
- Bake at 250* for 5 hours, covered. (DO NOT REMOVE COVER OR STIR).