Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
One taste of these deli-style sandwiches will have you craving for more!
Top Review by puppitypup
LOVED IT! This has to be the cadillac of Reuben sandwiches, the creamy sauce is the perfect touch. I used leftover corned beef from a roast. Warning! This sandwich is so good, I can't put it down to type the review, now I have sauce on my keyboard :oops: Thanks Kitten for yet another keeper! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders Tag Game, please see my rating system as I rate tougher than most.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 -3 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 8 slices rye bread
- 1 1⁄2 lbs thinly sliced deli corned beef (you may reduce if desired)
- 4 -8 slices swiss cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can sauerkraut, rinsed, and well drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients; set aside.
- Spread mustard on one side of four slices of rye bread.
- Layer with corned beef, cheese, sauerkraut, and the mayo mixture; top with remaining bread slice.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Cook sandwiches on both sides, until bread is lightly toasted, and the cheese is melted.