Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
One taste of these deli-style sandwiches will have you craving for more!
Make and share this New York Toasted Reubens recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 -3 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 8 slices rye bread
- 1 1⁄2 lbs thinly sliced deli corned beef (you may reduce if desired)
- 4 -8 slices swiss cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can sauerkraut, rinsed, and well drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients; set aside.
- Spread mustard on one side of four slices of rye bread.
- Layer with corned beef, cheese, sauerkraut, and the mayo mixture; top with remaining bread slice.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Cook sandwiches on both sides, until bread is lightly toasted, and the cheese is melted.
LOVED IT! This has to be the cadillac of Reuben sandwiches, the creamy sauce is the perfect touch. I used leftover corned beef from a roast. Warning! This sandwich is so good, I can't put it down to type the review, now I have sauce on my keyboard :oops: Thanks Kitten for yet another keeper! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders Tag Game, please see my rating system as I rate tougher than most.
What a tasty combination to celebrate St. Patrick's Day (or any day). The mustard and horseradish take this from a great Reuben to an extraordinary one. We had it with Kitten's Potato Salad with Eggs (146520) and a kosher dill. So good that we won't wait until March to have it again. Thanks, Kitten.
I really liked these. The sauce mixture and the mustard give the sandwiches a nice flavor. I did use a corned beef roast that I had instead of the deli meat otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe with us.