Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I love recipes that come from the back of grocery products! This one comes from the back of the Breakstone's sour cream container. Mmmmm...cheesecake topped by sour cream, dotted with juicy sweet berries. What could possibly be better?
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line a 13" x 9 " baking pan with foil, letting the ends of the foil extend over the sides of the pan.
- Mix crumbs, melted butter, and 2T of the sugar. Press firmly onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Beat softened cream cheese, 1 cup of the remaining sugar and 1 t. of the vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, until well blended. Add 1 cup of the sour cream; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour mixture over crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Mix remaining sour cream, 2 T. sugar and 1 t. vanilla until well blended. Carefully spread this mixture over the cheesecake. Bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and cool on wire rack. When totally cool, cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- To serve: Carefully lift cheesecake from pan using foil handles. Cut into 16 pieces. Top each piece with berries just before serving.
- Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.