Recipe by WisconsinGirl
The best cheese pizza I've ever made. Pick your crust from one of the great ones on this site, then top it with this recipe. Yum! Adapted from Peter Reinhart's American Pie (to make it closer to his version, use 1/4 c. cheddar, not 1/4 pound co-jack--I read the recipe wrong when I made it, but the flavor was fantastic anyway).
- 1 pizza crust (unbaked)
- 1⁄4 lb part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 lb colby-monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2⁄3 cup pizza sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, stir together everything except the crust and sauce.
- Spread sauce evenly over crust, leaving a 1/4 inch border.
- Sprinkle cheese mixture evenly over pizza.
- Bake according to the directions for your chosen crust.
- Let cool for about 3 minutes before slicing and serving.
- For a crust with more "snap", let the pizza cool completely, then return individual slices to the hot oven for recrisping.