Prep 12 hrs
Cook 2 hrs
Wow! Raspberries are my favorite fruit and cheesecake.....oh yummmy....This cheesecake is amazing! It not only makes a beautiful presentation for guests but the taste will have them begging for more, or at least the recipe. Also, DO NOT forget the lemon zest. It adds so much to the amazing flavor of the cheesecake! Prep time includes chill time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 2 egg yolks, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 1⁄2 pints fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, combine crust ingredients until moistened.
- Press into bottom and 1 inch up sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake for 8 minutes and cool completely.
- Increase oven temperature to 450.
- Blend cream cheese and sugar in large bowl on medium high until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce speed to medium and add eggs and egg yolks 2 at a time, beating until mixed. Tip: Don't beat for too long or it incorporates too much air and the cheesecake will crack.
- With mixer on low, mix in sour cream, lemon zest, and vanilla. Mix and pour into crust.
- Bake cake for 15 minutes and then reduce oven temperature to 225. Bake an additional 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Turn off oven and open oven door. Cake will not be completely set in center but leave in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit out for another 2-3 hours until completely cooled.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight in refrigerator.
- Remove sides of pan by carefully running a hot knife around the edges.
- For topping, melt jam in a saucepan over low heat.
- In a bowl, gently toss raspberries with jam until well mixed.
- Using a spoon, carefully arrange raspberries over top of cheesecake. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This is the best cheesecake!