Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a refreshing and different take on potato salad.
- 8 medium new potatoes
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 celery ribs, chopped fine
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- chopped fresh parsley
- 236.59-295.73 ml mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml cider vinegar
- Boil the potatoes just until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Drain, peel and dice.
- Toss with the lemon juice, oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Let cool.
- Add the celery, eggs, chopped red onion, and parsley toss gently.
- Combine 1 cup mayonnaise with vinegar, blend well then toss over the potato salad, gently folding until completely coated.
- Add more mayonnaise, if necessary.
if you are going to insist upon putting hard boiled egg in a potato salad recipe I am afraid you must remove the term NEW YORK!
excellent recipe. Comes very close to my childhood potato salad tastebud memories, and my tastebuds have memories!!
Once a New Yorker, always a New Yorker! I made this tonight-we had this with bbq hamburgers. excellent recipe-the only thing i added was some sweet pickle relish-I will make this again! Thanks Marie