1/14 Photos of New York-Style Pizza Crust
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine water and sugar in small bowl; stir to dissolve sugar.
- 2Sprinkle yeast on top; stir to combine.
- 3Let stand 5 to 10 minutes or until foamy.
- 4Combine flour and salt in medium bowl.
- 5Stir in yeast mixture.
- 6Mix until mixture forms soft dough.
- 7Remove dough to lightly floured surface.
- 8Knead 5 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic, adding additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, as needed.
- 9Place dough in medium bowl coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- 10Turn dough in bowl so top is coated with cooking spray; cover with towel or plastic wrap.
- 11Let rise in warm place 30 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- 12Punch dough down; place on lightly floured surface and knead about 2 minutes or until smooth.
- 13Pat dough into flat disc about 7 inches in diameter.
- 14Let rest 2 to 3 minutes.
- 15Pat and gently stretch dough from edges until dough seems to not stretch anymore.
- 16Let rest 2 to 3 minutes.
- 17Continue patting and stretching until dough is 12 to 14 inches in diameter.
- 18Spray 12- to 14-inch pizza pan with nonstick spray; sprinkle with commeal, if desired.
- 19Press dough into pan.
- 20Preheat oven to 5OOF.
- 21Follow directions for individual recipes, baking pizza on bottom rack of oven.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New York-Style Pizza Crust
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 824.0
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1173.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 172.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 24.0 g