Recipe by Chef53Kathy
I found this recipe in an old cookbook and was immediately drawn to it because it used dry cottage cheese. It reminded me of 'real' ricotta cheesecake.
- 6 ounces lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 ounces dry curd cottage cheese
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 13 ounces evaporated milk, very cold
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine jell-o and boiling water and stir to dissolve. Add the vanilla and set aside to cool.
- Melt butter and add to crumbs, pat into the bottom of a 13x9 glass dish and bake at 350* for eight minutes. Cool well. Mix dry cottage cheese and cream cheese in a food processor or mixer until well combined. Add the cool jell-o mixture and mix to blend. Whip the evaporated milk with an electric mixer until thick and fold into the cheese mixture. Pour into the crust and refrigerate.
- Serve plain or with your favorite topping.