Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
The best homemade cheesecake you'll ever have! You can substitute vanilla wafers or a shortbread cookie for the crust. Also can vary the flavorings with raspberry, Amaretto, etc.
- Cream together cream cheese& eggs.
- Make sure they are both at room temperature.
- if possible this will prevent lumps.
- Add in sugar and vanilla and mix.
- In separate bowl, combine crushed cookies with melted butter.
- In large springform pan, press the cookies mixture only in the bottom of the pan (Not the sides).
- Reserve 1/4 of the batter and set aside.
- Pour remaining batter into the pan on top of crust.
- Take reserved mixture and mix in melted choc.
- Swirl in this chocolate mixture by pouring it on top of the white batter and using a knife to make a swirl pattern.
- Bake at 300°F for 50 minutes.
- Let cool for 2 hours.
- Combine 6 oz of chocolate chips and sour cream and ice cooled cake.
We used a bit extra chocolate for the marble part (I'd say about double), so it required an overnight cooling, but yum!!! It was nice and creamy and wonderful, adding this one to the cookbook!
I doubled the crust and placed fresh strawberries on top after cooled...delicious!!!