The best homemade cheesecake you'll ever have! You can substitute vanilla wafers or a shortbread cookie for the crust. Also can vary the flavorings with raspberry, Amaretto, etc.
- Cream together cream cheese& eggs.
- Make sure they are both at room temperature.
- if possible this will prevent lumps.
- Add in sugar and vanilla and mix.
- In separate bowl, combine crushed cookies with melted butter.
- In large springform pan, press the cookies mixture only in the bottom of the pan (Not the sides).
- Reserve 1/4 of the batter and set aside.
- Pour remaining batter into the pan on top of crust.
- Take reserved mixture and mix in melted choc.
- Swirl in this chocolate mixture by pouring it on top of the white batter and using a knife to make a swirl pattern.
- Bake at 300°F for 50 minutes.
- Let cool for 2 hours.
- Combine 6 oz of chocolate chips and sour cream and ice cooled cake.