Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe in Family Circle magazine. I have not tried it but, I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 1 lb sweet onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook onions in the oil over medium-low heat, covered, for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in 1/2 cup water, the ketchup, sugar, red pepper flakes and salt. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon about 1/4 cup topping over each hot dog.
This is pretty darned good stuff, and so easy to make. I didn't change a thing. Thanks, internetnut!