1/1 Photo of New York Style Deli Pickles
144 hrs 30 mins
Secret Agent's Note:
These are easy to make and taste like the brined Deli pickles on the East Coast. I can't believe how many gallons of these I made last summer! If you like pickles you will love these.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Layer the cucumbers and dill heads with garlic.
- 2Pour the remaining ingredients over all and cover with cold, fresh water, filtered if you can.
- 3Cover with cheesecloth.
- 4Weigh down the pickles with a plate and jar of water. Cover with a clean tea towel.
- 5Check after 72 hours, remove any scum that may have formed and wash cheesecloth, plate and jar of water and replace them.
- 6Check after another 72 hours and see if they are done enough for you. If so, pack into sterile jars and cover with the brine.
- 7Store in the refrigerator to slow the fermentation process.
- 8I make these in a big dough bucket and pack into gallon jars and some plastic containers to give as gifts.
Browse Our Top Kid-Friendly Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Kid-Friendly Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New York Style Deli Pickles
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 150
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 14.5
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 756.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: