Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Delicious and Light. I've been making this for 38 years, and it was passed to me from another great cook. This recipe is tried and true and will not fail you. Guaranteed to have people begging for the recipe!
- Preheat oven to 325. Prepare large Springform pan. (this makes a big cake, so use 10-12").
- Cream cheese with sugar and milk.
- Add eggs, vanilla and lemon.
- Keep mixer going all the time.
- Add flour and cornstarch.
- Blend in butter. Last, add sour cream. Pour into springform pan.
- Make a water bath (a larger pan filled with hot water) and place cheesecake pan in it. Put in oven. Reduce temperature to 300 and bake 1 hour.
- Shut off oven and leave cheesecake in oven for 2 more hours. NEVER OPEN OVEN DURING THIS TIME.
- Remove from oven and cool completely in frig.
- Top with fruit topping of choice, especially good with glazed fresh strawberries.
I made this using skim cottage cheese, soy milk and yoghurt instead of the sour cream so I made it reasonably diet friendly and it was fabulous. It was gone so quickly as DD and DS were addicted to it and DS aged 25 asked for the recipe !!! Wonders never cease !!