Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
After many tries, I alternated this recipe from a plain cheese cake recipe to make it a little more authentic! My family loves it when I make this. Its easy and well worth it!
- 26 butter cookies, about 1 1/4 cups
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 room temp eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons lemons, zest of
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt 3 T of butter, and mix with crushed butter cookies.
- Melt remaining butter and brush the bottom and sides of you pan.
- (I use a spring form pan) Bake crust for 8 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine eggs and vanilla, set aside.
- In larger bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar, flour, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Add egg mixture, mixing for 2 minutes.
- Fold in sour cream.
- Pour the mixture onto the crust and bake for 55-60.
- Cheese cake is done when there is a slight crack in the top.
- Cool completely, remove sides of springform pan and regfrigerate for at least four hours.