Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Plan ahead the cheesecake needs to be refrigerated overnight, it may also be baked sucessfully in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Top Review by LorenLou
Made exactly per the instructions in a 13x9 pan, but this family of cheese-cake lovers did not care for this recipe at all. I hate to give low ratings, but have pledged here on Zaar to give honest ones. Dense indeed, almost to dryness, and no flavor to speak of, I am sorry to say that we did not have the same smooth, creamy experience as the other reviewer. Maybe a fruit topping would have livened things up a bit. Sorry!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 1⁄2 lbs cream cheese, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream (35%)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly coat a 10-inch springform pan with vegetable spray OR use a 9" x 13" pan instead.
- For crust: Combine 1-1/2 cups flour, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 egg and 1/2 cup butter; mix well.
- Spread evenly on the bottom and to the edges of prepared pan.
- Prick all over with a fork; bake 15 minutes at 400 degrees, allow to cool.
- Increase oven temperature to 475 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, 1-3/4 cups sugar, 3 tbsp flour, 5 eggs and yolks; beat until thoroughly mixed.
- Add in the whipping cream, ONLY enough to blend.
- Pour the filling over crust; bake for 10 minutes at 475 degrees.
- Reduce temperature to 200 degrees, and continue baking for 1 hour.
- Turn off the oven, but leave cake in the oven for another hour.
- Remove, and cool.
- Chill in refrigerator overnight.
- Top with favorite fruit or just serve plain.