Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
For those of you who own a 6-inch springform pan. I looked all over for a cheesecake recipe for this size pan. I found this one at rec.food.baking. It is credited as a Wilton recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare Crumb Crust by mixing the graham cracker crumbs, 2 T. granulated sugar and 3 T. unsalted butter. Press firmly into bottom and 3/4 way up the sides of a 6-inch springform pan. Bake in the preheated 350 degree oven for 6 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and light.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla and cornstarch, only until thoroughly mixed. Stir in the sour cream until mixture is well blended. Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35 minutes. Allow the cheesecake to cool in the oven with the door propped slightly open for three hours.
- Chill. Top with strawberries before serving.
Obviously the first person that posted something on this recipe did something wrong. This recipe is great! I Added one extra egg and it turned good. It perfect for a fruit topping being that it is not terribly sweet. I would recommend adding a bit more sugar IF you do not plan to do a fruit topping if you like a little sweeter Cheesecake. Even whit out them though it is still delicious.
This was very very DRY! The flavor was off, too. I was completely embarrassed over this disaster of a recipe. It needs to be made with a water bath like other good cheesecakes are made. I will not be making this again.
I needed a recipe for a 6 inch springform pan also. It's just the right size for 2 people. The cheesecake was excellent. I like a little creamier texture so will try adding an extra egg the next time. This is a wonderful recipe.