Cook3 hrs 30 mins
For those of you who own a 6-inch springform pan. I looked all over for a cheesecake recipe for this size pan. I found this one at rec.food.baking. It is credited as a Wilton recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare Crumb Crust by mixing the graham cracker crumbs, 2 T. granulated sugar and 3 T. unsalted butter. Press firmly into bottom and 3/4 way up the sides of a 6-inch springform pan. Bake in the preheated 350 degree oven for 6 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and light.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla and cornstarch, only until thoroughly mixed. Stir in the sour cream until mixture is well blended. Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35 minutes. Allow the cheesecake to cool in the oven with the door propped slightly open for three hours.
- Chill. Top with strawberries before serving.