Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the best cheese cake I have EVER eaten well worth the time it take it to make, gets rave reviews I got it from The Daily Pilot News paper Dec. 15 1982 in Fountain Valley California.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, grated
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Cream Cheese Filling
- 5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (softened)
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoon lemons, rind of, grated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- Part 1.
- Stir together flour, sugar, and peel.
- Bend in butter,egg yolk and vanilla with fork till dough holds together.
- Press 1 cup of mixture onto bottom of 9x13 inch spring form pan.
- Bake at 400°F for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Let cool then press remaining dough up sides of pan.
- Part 2.
- In mixer beat together cream cheese, flour, peel and vanilla on med high speed till light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and yolks and beat well after each egg.
- Blend in cream.
- Pour into ready spring form pan.
- Bake 10 minutes at 500°F.
- Reduce heat to 250°F and bake for 50 to 60 minutes till a knife inserted in center comes out clean when cooled top with sour cream mixed with sugar.
This recipe turned out perfectly! I altered cooking time because I used a special pan that made it into individual squares. It still turned out smooth, creamy and delicious!
This cheesecake was very good. I made it in a 8inch round spring form pan and I had to cook it a long time in order for it to be done--that is the only thing that I didn't like about the recipe!