I found this recipe in a magazine years ago. It's the best cheesecake I have ever tasted! The recipe calls for graham cracker crumbs but sometimes I use vanilla wafer crumbs. This recipe is submitted in loving memory of my friend Ronnie.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat bottom and sides of 8-inch springform pan with nonstick spray; set aside.
- Crust: Mix graham cracker crumbs and butter together; press firmly over bottom of pan.
- Filling: Mix sugar and cornstarch in a large bowl.
- Add cream cheese and beat with a mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla just until mixed, scraping down the sides of bowl as needed.
- On low speed, add cream; beat just to blend.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes until cake has risen, edges are very lightly browned and center still jiggles when pan is moved.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack about 1 1/2 hours (cake will set completely).
- Run knife around edge of pan; cover loosely and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
This is heavenly! I made this for my son's birthday and all the guests were raving about this! If it was possible to give 10 stars for this, I sure would! :D
This is truly a slice of heaven. I went out and bought a springform pan specifically for this recipe. You will not be disappointed. I've never made a "real" cheesecake before because I thought they were a little intimidating and too labor intensive. I couldn't have been more wrong. I can't wait to make another one. The ONLY thing I changed was the crust. I added a little more butter and threw in about 2TBS of sugar and about a 1/2 TSP of cinnamon. This really is one of the best cheesecakes that I have ever eaten.
This was absolutely what I was looking for in a cheesecake! It was so delicious and creamy and came out beautifully - this is going to be my standard cheesecake recipe from now on!