Recipe by Christmas Carol
From Rachael Ray magazine. Juicy grilled steaks with a fresh and flavorful Italian topping. Great for your next patio party or barbecue.
- 1⁄3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small baguette, chopped
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sliced fresh basil
- 4 boneless New York strip steaks, 1 1/4 inch thick (about 12 oz. each)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over low heat. Add the garlic and cook until softened, about 6 minutes. Reserve 1 tablespoon of garlic oil in a small bowl. Add the tomatoes to the garlic oil in the skillet and season with salt and pepper; let cool. Add the bread, mozzarella, and basil and stir until moistened.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Brush the steaks with the reserved 1 tablespoon garlic oil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the grill and cook for 7 minutes. Flip steaks, then mound the bread mixture onto each steak. Cover and cook until the topping is golden and the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.