Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Got this from Redbook Magazine. You can also prepare your steaks on the grill, like we prefer.
Make and share this New York Strip Steak With Brandied Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (1133.98 g) boneless New York strip steaks, each 1-inch thick
- 7.39 ml salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 907.18 g white button mushrooms, left whole and untrimmed
- 2.46 ml fresh thyme leave
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 59.14 ml brandy
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- Heat 1 T of the oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season steaks with 1 t of the salt and 1/4 t of the pepper.
- Place steaks in the hot pan and cook, turning to brown both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Remove steaks and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- In same skillet, add the remaining 1 T oil.
- Add mushrooms and cook, stirring for 10-15 minutes, until mushrooms are golden and soft.
- Add thyme, 1/4 t salt and garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove mushrooms with a slotted spoon; place in a bowl.
- In same skillet, add brandy and cook until brandy is almost evaporated, about 1 minute.
- Add cream and cook 2-3 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Return mushrooms and their juices to the pan and simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Season with the remaining 1/4 t salt and 1/4 t pepper.
- Serve with steak.
This is not bad but, needed to add a little flour to think the sauce.
Great steak. I made as written but only one steak. Served with French onion soup and Potatoes Gratin.
The sauce was amazing, and so easy! I didn't have brandy, so I used red wine but it was still very good. Will try brandy next time.