Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An UNBELIEVABLE NY recipe from Sheila Lukins' book, Celebrate! I love this recipe- as does everyone who tries it. The tomatoes are such a fresh compliment, the olives are nice and salty and the tang of the balsamic is just divine. You will certainly, absolutely, without a doubt, LOVE this steak!!! *Note, in her book, Sheila Lukins recommends broiling the steaks-- we love to grill them, but do your magic to the meat and enjoy it how you like it!
- 8 tomatoes, plum, seeded, and diced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 295.73 ml kalamata olives (Nicoise work well too)
- 44.37 ml balsamic vinegar
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 118.29 ml flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 4 prime aged New York strip steaks, cut 1 1/2 inch thick (about 1 pound each)
- Heat your grill --
- Combine tomatoes and olives in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the vinegar, olive oil and 1/4 cup of the parsley. Toss to mix. Set the mixture aside.
- Arrange the steaks on the hot grill. Cook for about 3-4 minutes per side, for med-rare.
- Let the meat rest for 5 minutes before carving into 1/4 inch-thick slices. Arrange on a serving platter and spoon tomato and olive mixture over and beside the steak. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of parsley and serve immediately.
Really nice twist on steak. I cut up the meat into small pieces to absorb all the flavor better.