An UNBELIEVABLE NY recipe from Sheila Lukins' book, Celebrate! I love this recipe- as does everyone who tries it. The tomatoes are such a fresh compliment, the olives are nice and salty and the tang of the balsamic is just divine. You will certainly, absolutely, without a doubt, LOVE this steak!!! *Note, in her book, Sheila Lukins recommends broiling the steaks-- we love to grill them, but do your magic to the meat and enjoy it how you like it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 tomatoes, plum, seeded, and diced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 295.73 ml kalamata olives (Nicoise work well too)
- 44.37 ml balsamic vinegar
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 118.29 ml flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 4 prime aged New York strip steaks, cut 1 1/2 inch thick (about 1 pound each)
- 1Heat your grill --
- 2Combine tomatoes and olives in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the vinegar, olive oil and 1/4 cup of the parsley. Toss to mix. Set the mixture aside.
- 3Arrange the steaks on the hot grill. Cook for about 3-4 minutes per side, for med-rare.
- 4Let the meat rest for 5 minutes before carving into 1/4 inch-thick slices. Arrange on a serving platter and spoon tomato and olive mixture over and beside the steak. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of parsley and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New York Strip Steak Lavished With Tomatoes and Olives
Serving Size: 1 (587 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 831.6
- Calories from Fat 537
- Total Fat 59.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 215.4 mg
- Sodium 466.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 57.6 g