Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
This sandwich was amazing, Steak cheese and mushrooms, what can be better. I sauteed fresh mushrooms for this but canned works too.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons horseradish mustard
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, stems removed, coarsely chopped
- 2 New York strip steaks, grilled to desired doneness (about 8 oz. each)
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices hearty white bread
- 4 slices havarti cheese
- 2⁄3 cup mushrooms, canned drained or 2⁄3 cup previously sauteed fresh mushrooms
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and horseradish mustard.
- Stir until smooth.
- Fold chopped spinach gently into the mixture.
- Trim steak of any visible fat and thinly slice on the diagonal.
- Spread butter evenly on one side of each slice of bread.
- On the unbuttered sides of each slice, spread equal amounts of the cream cheese mixture.
- Layer four slices of bread each with approximately 1/4 of the steak slices and 1/4 of the sautéed mushrooms.
- Top each sandwich with a slice of Havarti cheese and remaining slice of bread, buttered side out.
- Preheat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Cook sandwiches for 2 to 3 minutes each side, or until golden and the cheeses are melted.
- Serve immediately.