Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
From "Parade" Magazine
- 4 New York strip steaks, about 12 ounces each (1/2 inches thick)
- 6 plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, cut into 1 inch sections
- 3 avocados, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 12 slices bacon, cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces and cooked over medium heat until just crisp (7 minutes)
- 1 lb blue cheese, chilled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 eggs, hardboiled, quartered and halved
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Preheat the broiler.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper.
- Broil on a broiler plate or tray, 4 inches from the heat source, for 4 minutes on one side and 3 minutes on the other for a medium-rare finish.
- Cool to room temperature and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices, then cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Arrange all of the ingredients in even rows crosswise in the following order: lettuce, tomatoes, steak, avocados, bacon, blue cheese, chopped egg.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with parsley.