Prep 7 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the easiest recipe I have ever made. I have brought this cheese cake to work several times for potlucks and just because. I think I have sold more to my co-workers than I can imagine,Its very smooth and very very delicious!!
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature (I usefat free)
- 16 ounces sour cream, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat Oven on 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl toss together graham crumbs, butter and 3 tablespoons of sugar. Once these are combined, press this mixture firmly in the bottom and about 2 1/4 -inches up sides of a 9 inch springform pan.
- With an electric mixer combine the cream cheese and sugar, mix until smooth.
- Mix the eggs in a seperate bowl and add eggs one at a time on low speed. You don't want to mix on high speed because this causes air to get into the batter, when this happens this causes cracks in your cheesecake during the baking process. Then add vanilla.
- After the eggs and vanilla have been added remove the bowl from the mixer and fold sour cream into the batter. If you would like, on a very low speed you can mix the sour cream into the batter.
- Once all of the ingredients have been combined, pour the batter into the springform pan.
- Get another pan put about 2 inches of water in it, and place it on the bottom rack, and place the cheesecake the center rack. Bake for 30 minutes then turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven for one hour. The pan of water helps distribute the heat evenly.
- After the hour, cover and place in the refrigerator for about 4 hours. within 2 hours in the fridge you can add toppings, I like to add the topping once I remove it from the springform pan.
- You now have an easy and delicious masterpiece!
I used a sugar sub and low fat cream cheese. This was so easy to make and I whipped it up in no time flat. We enjoyed this very much. I will be making this again. Made for Spring PAC 2009.