Recipe by Baby Kato
The boursin cheese makes this dish. You may substitute good quality garlic cream cheese, just add your favourite herbs and let sit over night for flavours to blend. mmmummmm You won't be sorry.
Top Review by ThatSouthernBelle
So my fiance NEVER says "5 stars" to recipes from Zaar but... he gave 5 stars to this one! Made with the boursin - it was my first time having it and it was hard to keep from eating this straight while cooking! Made with filet mignon and used olive oil instead of vegetable oil. Made for Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #22
- 4 New York strip steaks, 1/2 lb each
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 3⁄4 cup boursin cheese or 3⁄4 cup cream cheese with garlic and herbs
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Sear steaks in hot oil, until cooked to your preference.
- Remove steaks, cover and keep warm.
- In same pan saute onions for 2 minutes, add wine and cook over high heat until reduced to 1 tbsp.
- Add half and half cream.
- Boil until reduced by half.
- Stir in Boursin cheese or garlic cream cheese until thick and hot.
- Pour sauce over hot steaks, garnish with parsley.