Prep 30 mins
Cook 7 mins
The boursin cheese makes this dish. You may substitute good quality garlic cream cheese, just add your favourite herbs and let sit over night for flavours to blend. mmmummmm You won't be sorry.
- 4 New York strip steaks, 1/2 lb each
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 3⁄4 cup boursin cheese or 3⁄4 cup cream cheese with garlic and herbs
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- Sear steaks in hot oil, until cooked to your preference.
- Remove steaks, cover and keep warm.
- In same pan saute onions for 2 minutes, add wine and cook over high heat until reduced to 1 tbsp.
- Add half and half cream.
- Boil until reduced by half.
- Stir in Boursin cheese or garlic cream cheese until thick and hot.
- Pour sauce over hot steaks, garnish with parsley.
So my fiance NEVER says "5 stars" to recipes from Zaar but... he gave 5 stars to this one! Made with the boursin - it was my first time having it and it was hard to keep from eating this straight while cooking! Made with filet mignon and used olive oil instead of vegetable oil. Made for Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #22
This was fantastic! I had to improvise a bit and used chive and herb cream cheese. We also forgot the parsley at the end. But it was so good even without. We served ours with seasoned potato wedges which may not be very gourmet, but they were the PERFECT match to the steak. And the sauce was super on them as well! My dh even dipped one of my son's chicken nuggets into the sauce left in the pan and said it was great that way. If you wanna impress this is the one to make! Oct.08... we had this again tonight and it is just as good as I remembered if not better! This really is to die for! This time we made it with some roasted red potatoes! The sauce was amazing on top of them! This might truly be one of my all time favorite meals! And I don't even normally like steak all that much!
This was very tasty! I made the Sauce to serve over grilled Filet Mignon, and I was very pleasantly surprised at how great it was.I normally don't like anything on my steak.I will surely make this again, maybe trying white wine next time just to see. Thanks BabyKato for sharing it!