I cut this out of the newspaper many years ago and since everyone seemed to like it so well, I have never used anything else.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over apple slices.
- Combine sugar, salt, flour,cinnamon and nutmeg in a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle over apple slices.
- Toss apples and flour mixture until apple slices are fully coated.
- Arrange into bottom prepared crust.
- Dot with margarine.
- Cover with top crust and fold under and crimp.
- Cut slits into top crust and dust with sugar if desired.
- Bake at 375°F for 50 minutes.