- 2 teaspoons corn oil or 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 large yellow baking potatoes, peeled and cut into medium dice (Yellow Finn or Yukon Gold)
- 2 cups canned chopped tomatoes, with their juices
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped clams, with their juices
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a 4-quart saucepan over med-high heat.
- Add in onion; cook/stir until begins to soften, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the potatoes, tomatoes, wine, water, and thyme; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil; decrease heat to med-low; partially cover saucepan, and simmer until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a sharp knife, about 20 minutes.
- Add in the clams and cook 10 minutes; add parsley and serve.