1/2 Photos of New York Hot Dog Onion Sauce (United States)
this is yummy, give it a try on your next wieners
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute the onions and the garlic in oil, simmering, about 15 to 20 minutes, until tender, not brown.
- 2Add the flour and stir and cook at least one minute.
- 3Add remaining ingredients, cover and simmer 50 minutes.
- 4If its getting too thick, add a touch more water.
- 5Remove bay leaves.
- 6Serve on those next bbq hot dogs, with another slather of mustard on top.
- 7Yesterday I did make another batch with the cloves added , and I really enjoyed it, so give the cloves a chance if you are not a clove user, it brings out all the flavours of the onions and sweetness and tartness.
Browse Our Top Chutneys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New York Hot Dog Onion Sauce (United States)
Serving Size: 1 (1181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.2
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 616.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 23.5 g
- Protein 5.8 g