Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
The traditional gazpacho is more of a soup, while this goes nicely atop bite-sized cuts of french bread.
- 8 plum tomatoes (diced)
- 1 1⁄2 cucumbers (peeled + diced)
- 1 1⁄2 onions (peeled + diced)
- 1 1⁄2 bell peppers (peeled + quartered)
- 3 garlic cloves (peeled + diced)
- 3 tablespoons vinegar (red wine)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Add all the vegetable ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle the salt and black pepper atop.
- Add the red wine vinegar and olive oil.
- Mix about so that all the liquids on the bottom get to the top.
- Chill in fridge for 15 to 30 minutes.
What a delicious, chunky gazpacho! I decreased the oil and added a spicy jalapeno. My kids called it pico de gallo soup and loved it. Will def. make again. Thanks for sharing!
Yum, this was delicious, I used freshly home grown tomatoes and home grown capsicum (bell pepper) which I also diced. The flavours really enhanced after been in the fridge for about one hour. The Gazpacho was very much like a salsa and it was perfect for pre-dinner appetizer on a slice of French stick bread. Thank you Kitchen Witch Myrkr