Recipe by scancan
This looks so impressive, smells and tastes so delicious, and everyone can make this. This is another winner from my MIL, thanks Mom! Use a packet of .7 oz. dried Italian seasoning; recipe would not allow me to put in that measurement
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs chicken breasts, pounded thin and flattened out
- 2 cups plain breadcrumbs or 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2⁄3 ounce italian seasoning (such as Good Seasons dry seasoning)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 lb pastrami (or other deli meat but not mild like turkey) or 1⁄2 lb corned beef (or other deli meat but not mild like turkey)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix mustard with eggs.
- Mix breadcrumbs and Italian seasoning in a separate bowl.
- Lay a slice of deli meat across the chicken breast. Roll up chicken around the deli meat pinwheel style.
- Dip chicken in crumbs, then egg, then crumbs again making sure to coat well on all sides.
- Fry in hot oil, lowering flame to medium-low when the pan is full.
- Chicken is ready when it is nicely browned on all sides and is cooked through.