Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Raley's. Time does not include chilling time of glass in freezer.
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 cup chilled seltzer water
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Pleace a 16-oz. glass in the freezer for 1 hour to chill. Pour half & half into glass; add seltzer water and stir with a long-handled spoon until a thick foam forms.
- Pour chocolate syrup into glass an dstir just at the bottom of the glass to incorporate chocolate.
When I lived in Southern Florida I had lots of friends from New York and found out about the seltzer man who would come to the house and drop off the seltzer bottles! And the syrups too!!! :) Have been hooked on egg creams ever since! I have introduced them to ND and my hubby loves them! Excellent recipe! Had them last night!!! Always, Jelly :)
I have never had an Egg Cream before but always wanted to try it. I watched a travel show about New York and they mentioned these drinks. I really enjoyed this recipe. I wasn't able to find seltzer water so I used club soda. The taste was amazing...not too sweet with a hint of chocolate. You have to drink these pretty fast because the carbonation goes away fairly quickly. I will be making this often. I'm getting an urge for another one just writing this review. Thanks for sharing a great recipe, cookiedog. Made for March, 2008 Bevvy Tag.
Loved it! Very refreshing drink. thanks Cookiedog! Edited to say that I have become addicted to this drink. I absolutely love it!