Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
When I moved down South, after living in New York for 35 years, I could no longer find a "deli" style potato salad I liked. I like a simple vinegar based salad with just a small amount of finely diced onion. Common in most Deli's on Long Island, NY. I have tweaked a few recipe's I found on recipezaar and below seems to be the best. I'm famous for cooking my potatos too long, so cook them till you think they're done! I like to use a new potato and tried it with those dutch baby yellow potatos last night. Yummy!
- 1360.77 g potatoes, Cooked, cooled and sliced
- 354.88 ml mayonnaise
- 44.37 ml white vinegar
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 59.14 ml finely minced vidalia onion
- In Large mixing bowl combine Mayonaise, Vinegar, Sugar, Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder & Onions.
- Mix well.
- Add Cooked Potatoes to the mixture and mix until all Potatoes are covered.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Being from Long Island as well... I LOVED THIS as did my family on the 4th of July yesterday! There is a "deli" near us that sells NY style but to whip this up at home is much better! THank you!
This recipe was delicious and so easy! My husband even liked it and he is usually a mustard-potato salad guy!
This was good but compared to other potato salads I have had, I prefer the standard potato salad with eggs, onions, celery etc. Nice for a change though!