Recipe by Juenessa
This is a great, traditional cheesecake.
Top Review by JessFontenot
This was the BEST, and might I say EASIEST cheesecake I've ever made OR eaten. I didn't bother with the anti-cracking maneuver, and alas it cracked (for those of you who don't want it to crack and are thinking about skipping this step), but it wasn't a big deal - it was a rushed project for my husband's wetdown (a "promotion" party in the USMC)... but though it cracked like the grand canyon, it tasted amazing, the texture was perfect, and i whipped it up in less than 15 minutes, and it baked perfectly in 1 hour. Thank you, Juenessa! My mother, who came down for the celebration and who has "never been a fan of cheesecake," absolutely loved it. Even called it divine. I hope everyone searching for a perfect, pure-ingredient, easy cheesecake... please choose this one!! You will be extremely happy... cracked cheesecake or not :)
For the Crust
- 15 graham crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
For the Filling
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter.
- Press onto bottom of springform pan.
- In bowl of an electric mixer, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth.
- Blend in milk, then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate.
- Mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth.
- Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Bake cheesecake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Turn oven off, and let cake cool in oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours.
- This prevents cracking.
- Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Cook time does not include leaving in oven for 5 to 6 hours or chill time.