1/1 Photo of New York Deli Potato Salad
Brad Beckwith's Note:
I have only found my favorite potato salad in delicatessens in New York City and Long Island and in some Italian and Jewish delis elsewhere. After much searching, a friend on Long Island sent me this recipe which comes as close to perfection as any I've tried. The recipe may be cut down as the quantities are for a party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Steam potatoes over 32-40 oz. water.
- 2Peel while hot. (You can actually scrape off the skin by hand under cold water.).
- 3Cool in refrigerator for at least one hour.
- 4Mix next seven ingredients in a bowl, adding oil last.
- 5Slice the potatoes in 1/4" slices into a very large bowl.
- 6Fold in the mixture.
- 7Chill overnight.
- 8Add Hellman's mayo to desired consistency.
- 9Spread in large, flat serving dishes and garnish. (I used fresh parsley and finely grated carrots for color.).
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New York Deli Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.9
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 242.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 3.1 g