1/11 Photos of New York Crumb Cake
1 hr 5 mins
I adopted this recipe from the Recipezaar account. The previous owner said this recipe comes from Martha Stewart. It's a delicious cake!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup light-brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- 1Place rack in center of oven, and preheat oven to 325°F Lightly brush a 9-by-12 1/2-inch baking pan with canola oil, dust with flour, and tap to remove excess. Set aside.
- 2In a medium bowl, sift together 1 1/2 cups flour, the granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- 3In a second bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, canola oil, and vanilla.
- 4Using a rubber spatula, fold dry ingredients into egg mixture.
- 5Spread batter evenly into prepared pan, and set aside.
- 6In a medium bowl, combine remaining 2 1/2 cups flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- 7Pour melted butter over flour mixture, and toss with a rubber spatula until large crumbs form.
- 8Top batter evenly with crumb topping.
- 9Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the cake tests done.
- 10Turn the pan once during baking.
- 11Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool.
- 12Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- 13Using a serrated knife or bench scraper, cut into 3-inch squares, and serve. Note: This cake can be stored, refrigerated, in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New York Crumb Cake
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.2
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 43.2 mg
- Sodium 143.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 19.7 g
- Protein 4.0 g