1/2 Photos of New York Cheesecake by Tyler Florence
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Pepina Rae's Note:
This is the ULTIMATE New York Cheesecake. This one is just heavenly!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest (recommended-Meyer lemon)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
CHERRY CONFIT TOPPING
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2CRUST: Mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon, and butter together in a mixing bowl.
- 3Pour the mixture into a 9" non-stick teflon springform pan and using a mixing cup press the crumbs into the base. Using your fingers gently press crumbs into the sides of the pan.
- 4Bake for 6 minutes. Let cool.
- 5FILLING: In a food processor, cream the cream cheese and the sugar together.
- 6Add the zest and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- 7Add 5 egg yolks and heavy cream, pulse until smooth and pour into a large clean bowl.
- 8In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until a soft froth forms. Add 2 tablespoons sugar slowly to the egg whites and continue to whisk until soft peaks form.
- 9Fold into cream cheese, a little bit at a time until fully integrated. Then pour into the prepared springform pan.
- 10Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until firm.
- 11Let cool for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- 12TOPPING: Mix the creme fraiche and sugar together and gently spread over the top of the cooled cheesecake.
- 13Bake for 5 minutes.
- 14Let cool until the topping is set or chill overnight. Best served at room temperature.
- 15DIRECTIONS FOR CHERRY CONFIT TOPPING: In a medium non-corrosive saucepan place water, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and thyme. Bring to the boil, turn down heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- 16Add cherries and simmer for 1 hour. If more liquid is needed add water. Continue to simmer until the cherry mixture is thick and the cherries are soft. Pour into a clean container and refrigerate until ready to use.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New York Cheesecake by Tyler Florence
Serving Size: 1 (555 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1418.7
- Calories from Fat 738
- Total Fat 82.0 g
- Saturated Fat 46.3 g
- Cholesterol 401.7 mg
- Sodium 687.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 162.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 143.1 g
- Protein 16.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: