1/2 Photos of New York Cheesecake by Tyler Florence
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Pepina Rae's Note:
This is the ULTIMATE New York Cheesecake. This one is just heavenly!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest (recommended-Meyer lemon)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
CHERRY CONFIT TOPPING
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2CRUST: Mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon, and butter together in a mixing bowl.
- 3Pour the mixture into a 9" non-stick teflon springform pan and using a mixing cup press the crumbs into the base. Using your fingers gently press crumbs into the sides of the pan.
- 4Bake for 6 minutes. Let cool.
- 5FILLING: In a food processor, cream the cream cheese and the sugar together.
- 6Add the zest and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- 7Add 5 egg yolks and heavy cream, pulse until smooth and pour into a large clean bowl.
- 8In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until a soft froth forms. Add 2 tablespoons sugar slowly to the egg whites and continue to whisk until soft peaks form.
- 9Fold into cream cheese, a little bit at a time until fully integrated. Then pour into the prepared springform pan.
- 10Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until firm.
- 11Let cool for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- 12TOPPING: Mix the creme fraiche and sugar together and gently spread over the top of the cooled cheesecake.
- 13Bake for 5 minutes.
- 14Let cool until the topping is set or chill overnight. Best served at room temperature.
- 15DIRECTIONS FOR CHERRY CONFIT TOPPING: In a medium non-corrosive saucepan place water, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and thyme. Bring to the boil, turn down heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- 16Add cherries and simmer for 1 hour. If more liquid is needed add water. Continue to simmer until the cherry mixture is thick and the cherries are soft. Pour into a clean container and refrigerate until ready to use.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New York Cheesecake by Tyler Florence
Serving Size: 1 (555 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1418.7
- Calories from Fat 738
- Total Fat 82.0 g
- Saturated Fat 46.3 g
- Cholesterol 401.7 mg
- Sodium 687.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 162.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 143.1 g
- Protein 16.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: